Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Delays Raising Brows

(4/8/08)

I'm starting to feel like a broken record - "counts too low, counts too low. . . " This week they were even a little lower, 940, down from 1050 (course, that's probably within the error range of the neutrophil test). It's a bit of a cause for worry, so I had a bone marrow biopsy yesterday (ouch!) to check for any badness in the white cell production factories. Once we see what that shows, I guess we'll have a little bit more of a plan for what to do. My doctor thinks it's probably just taking the marrow a long time to recover from the combination of radiation, chemo, and two infections (zoster and then the random neutropenic fever afterwards), but I guess it's hard to speculate. I feel kinda frustrated, but this is supposedly "normal", meaning that it's definitely happened before to other folks who have gone through this treatment protocol.

On another note, I think my eyebrows are thinning out. I wonder if they'll go away completely. The hair on my head seems to come and go a little bit, but there's been a constant sparse fuzz there.

No comments: