Friday, September 19, 2008

33 minutes

Day 4/4, Cycle 12/17
(9/19/08)

There's an episode of the new Battlestar Galactica show (I think it's the first one after the series intro) where the Cylons keep showing up to attack the human fleet every 33 minutes. As a result, everyone's all at their wits' ends with lack of sleep and exhaustion. I guess it's not quite the same, but with all the chemo and hydration they give me while I'm here, it feels like I'm up to the bathroom every 33 minutes, so even if I try to sleep through the whole day, it doesn't quite work out that way. I usually get some sleep in the morning, but then I'm mostly awake in the afternoon, which seems to drag on forever and ever. It's 3:55pm and I've got 3.5 more hours to go.

chugga chugga chugga chugga. . . . woo woo!

By the way, my friend's team is one of the top 25 finalists in the American Express Members' project. If you've got an AMEX card, I urge you to vote (pref for their project, Embrace - $25 Infant Incubator, but if you find another cause more worthy feel free to vote for that). Here's the link and a video from Embrace:

No comments: