Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Oh yeah, the bump!

An unprecedented two posts in one day! I know, how lucky you must feel...

I forgot to mention in my last post, that the evil butt bump, my little enemy, has retreated! I was dubious at first when the doctors said, "Oh well you should feel that go down pretty quickly." But to my surprise, it seems to have all but disappeared! After the first day, it seemed about the same, but then two, three days later it was definitely softer, and maybe even smaller? By day 4 it was hardly noticeable at all, and now I don't know that I can feel much of anything except a little tenderness in that area. Very strange, but very good news. I hope the lung nodules have responded as well.

Woohoo! Thanks to everyone for your virtual, loving kicks in the butt! Of course, we've got to confirm eventually with scans, and then stay on this long road to make sure it stays away for good. But, not bad for a week of therapy, eh?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

huh huh. you said butt bump.

Anonymous said...

great news about the butt bump! and good to hear that you started with all the fancy-sounding med mixes with encouraging results. hope you feel more hungry, and less nauseous.

Anonymous said...

Hi Alex,

I just wanted to say that you are absolutely incredible. I admire your courage greatly.

CC
(if you don't know who I am, ask Yves!)

Anonymous said...

I was telling mom about the butt bump and it's evil french accent and she laughed so hard she fell off her chair. Adieu, adieu, parting is such sweet sorrow.

jeff said...

Whooohoo!! Well done Alex! Way to show that bump who's boss.. :)

Anonymous said...

It's pretty incredible that the meds did in your sinister butt bump so quickly. Good riddance. Keep me posted on how the return to the climbing gym goes.

Anonymous said...

Way to kick some cancer ass! Or is that some ass cancer...either way, well done! Goooooooo chemo!